Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ouch!

I have a lot of things that "ouch" can refer to right now. First and foremost, my friend Frank got in a motorcycle accident a couple of nights ago. He seems to be feeling fine and will be released from the hospital tomorrow, but he has some broken bones and some road rash. We can't do our triathlon relay next month now, but there will be others. I'm so glad he'll be okay...this crash could have been so much worse.

I'm trying to seriously get into my training for NYC now too. The plan I'm following was put together by an awesome friend of mine and she has me increasing my mileage slowly. It's still hard...I've had one thing after an other pop up all year so even just a few miles is rough right now. I'm not really sure how I'll ever do 26. I did 2 miles tonight and it was faster than normal, but my Achilles is hurting pretty bad now. I've been stretching, icing and putting a heating pad on it, but tomorrow will tell the truth. If it's another morning that I can't walk, it's time to go see a doctor.

Boo...not a good past couple of days.

0 comments: