Sunday, November 15, 2009

Now What?!

Well, I'm *kinda officially* a CPA! I got my last score online on Friday night (Yikes, Friday the 13th!) and I PASSED! I'm still in a little bit of shock, but I'm so excited about it! It's been a long, crazy journey and I'm so glad it's over.

15 months of studying
12 months of testing
6 actual exams (for a 4 section test)

It won't be official official until I get sworn in by the state, and that won't be until May, but this is close enough for me. :)

But with this, I'm kind of left with a feeling of "what now?" My race is over...my exam is over. Those are the two things that took up the majority of my time. I've been kind of bumming around the house with no direction for the past week or so.

I'm feeling a lot better now, so I'm going to start running again on Tuesday with the Fleet Feet group. I'm also going to give Bikram Yoga a try sometime this week to see how I like it (report to come, I'm sure...I don't like the heat very much, but I've been intrigued by this for years). And I'm going to take the big plunge...I'm going to go see the graduate advisor tomorrow to see what I need to do to finish up that half a Masters of Accountancy that I have. I hate the idea of studying and tests all over again, but even more than that, I hate paying student loans on something that's not finished. Hopefully there's not much left for that.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Yay! Congrats! That is a lot of studying and testing!

CJ

Claire said...

That is so exciting :)

I gave Bikram a try, and didn't find the heat and humidity nearly as bad as anticipated. Just don't wear any loose clothing, it gets pretty sticky.

Anonymous said...

Yay for being done, and double yay for having completed the CPA certification process!!

I am interested in trying Bikram but haven't found any place near me that does it...I would love to hear/see/read a "real world" review of it!