Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eeeek!

It's been about a month since I had time to blog...I can't believe how fast the time's gone!

Quick updates:

House: We close in two weeks from tomorrow! The kitchen looks absolutely amazing and is by far my favorite room in the house...and we don't even have appliances yet! All that's really needed still is appliances, carpet and toilets (although that may have been done over the past couple of days). Now that it's getting so close, I'm getting super excited!



Trip: The hubs and I got back from our big trip of the year almost two weeks ago. It was fabulous - 5 days in Belize! Well, it was supposed to be 6 days, but thanks to a mishap at the ABQ airport, we were stuck in Houston the night we left. Oh well, it was still a wonderful trip to celebrate 3 years of marriage...which I really can't believe at all. I absolutely loved the trip though and would do it again in a heartbeat!



Running: Well, not much to report. I think I'm laying off races the rest of the year and will just focus on Chicago this year. I really want to do well (I know, I've said it about 9,000 times so far) so I'm going to try focusing
on just one thing. I'm getting some speedwork in now thanks to my friends at Fleet Feet Albuquerque. So far it's going really well even though I just started...I did a quick 6 miles last weekend and was shocked with my time, especially considering it was hot and hilly. Here's hoping I can meet my goal for Chicago! And no, I'm not telling you what my goal is. :) Only the hubs has been told and I'd be willing to bet money that he doesn't even remember.

So that's pretty much it. Not a lot. I know (and hope) the next two weeks fly by and then we'll have the adventure of getting the house set up and reasonably ready for visitors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for running Chicago - that's going to be my first marathon!

Unknown said...

Yay Jessica!! I'm so excited for it...I've never run Chicago but one of my best friends lives there. My friend's friend has also run it several times and he loves it!