Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not running related, but so, so important.

I have a friend. I'm not going to say who she is or how I know her...I'm not going to give very many details about her because I'm not sure she really wants to be identified. Some of you will know who she is, and if you do, please don't mention who she is unless she makes it clear she's identifying herself...she'll know it's her. In fact, she probably already knows I'm talking about her.

She's beautiful, young. Happily married. One of the best friends I could ask for...someone who has held my hand through some hard times, and I don't think she even knows how much she's helped me out. She doesn't even live nearby, but she's done so much for me. I try to talk to her daily and I miss the days I don't get to. She's also getting deployed soon. She's happy about it, excited to serve our country with honor...and because she's happy, I'll be happy for her.

But as I'm sitting here typing this, my throat is hurting and my eyes are stinging because I'm trying so hard not to cry. She's strong...she'll be okay. She's promised me she'll come home safe, so I trust her. This is the first time I've dealt with someone close to me being deployed and it's scary and strange to feel a little piece of your heart leaving.

So, Friend...I've told you this a million, gazillion times since the news came out that you were leaving...I love you. Thank you for being you. And thank you for what you do.

0 comments: