Friday, July 24, 2009

And the Verdict Is...

I have Plantar Fasciitis. I finally made it down to see a podiatrist this morning and I’m glad I finally have an answer. I’ve been doing a lot of icing lately and really focusing on stretching before and after I run, which has helped a lot. The doctor is contacting my insurance company to see if they’ll cover custom orthotics, which I’ve assumed I needed for some time now. Even if it’s not covered, I’ll be getting them – I figure they’ll last a really long time and it’s worth it to not be in pain.

For now though, they taped up my foot and that alone has made the pain vanish. I can’t get it wet, so that canceled my plans for a swim tomorrow, but hopefully I can get into the pool on Sunday when the tape comes off. I was instructed to continue running…the tape will work the way orthotics will and I have a pretty good handle on how to treat it on my own for the time being. We’ll see how the tape holds up for 7 miles tomorrow morning – the longest I’ve gone since Denver in October.

1 comments:

HopeStrife said...

Oh ouch. At least you know now.