Saturday, July 25, 2009

Seven

Today I ran 7 miles. I know it's not a ton, and I know I'll be running even further than that very soon, but it was pretty exciting. This is the furthest I've gone since I ran Denver in October of last year. My last scheduled 7 mile run was supposed to be the day after Christmas, but it turned into a 3 mile walk because of the knee pain that turned into a hamstring injury and resulted in about 4 months off. I think that this was something I've really needed to do though - just for the mental aspect. Every once in a while I'll get a sudden burst of excitement for NYC but it's quickly overshadowed by doubt since I'm *only* at 4, 5 or 6 miles. A part of me still feels behind in the training, but I know I need to get over that. I have a good plan, put together by a good (and very knowledgeable) friend and it'll get me there.

7 miles today...98 days till 26.2!

3 comments:

CJ said...

So the taping helped then? I'm glad you are feeling better!

CJ

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing a little better!!

Angie Eats Peace said...

You are off to a great start!