Saturday, January 29, 2011

8 days down!

I can't believe that it's already been a week since my surgery. I'm definitely ready to get off this couch, but I know it's going to be quite the event going back to work. Just hobbling around the living room is enough to get me out of breath - I'm not sure how it'll be running around an entire floor full of accounting people, but I'm sure I'll manage. I just keep telling myself that these crutches are an excellent way to work on my upper body strength. ;-)

So far everything is going great though. I had a little scare on Wednesday morning when I fell in the bathroom trying to put my hair up. I ended up in more pain that I can describe and having to go see the doctor...but the good news is that he took the cast off and put me in a boot a couple of days early (and everything was fine, just sore for a day or two). Walking on it is nearly impossible though, but I plan to work on that a little this weekend. I doubt it'll be enough for me to get completely off the crutches by Monday morning, but hopefully I'll be a little more comfortable at work.

I don't have any feeling in the front of my leg, down around my ankle, but I'm sure it'll come back. The doctor didn't seem concerned at all about it on Wednesday and I had some serious tingling and a little pain in that area all day yesterday....hopefully that just means that the nerves are waking up.

But the great news is that I'll be able to start running again after the 6 week mark! It'll be slow going and the doctor warned me that at 6 weeks I may still be struggling with just walking around in a regular shoe, but I'm excited that it's coming. Even though I'm not sure how much running I'll be doing, I feel that once I hit that 6 week mark I'll be able to do pretty much anything I want to - time to get the bike tuned up!

0 comments: