Friday, March 21, 2008

UGH

Yesterday was a rough day. It was the first time in about 2 weeks that I just really, honestly did not feel like going for my run. I was tired, cranky, hungry and just about every other bad thing you can think of. I went to my mom's house in Taylor Ranch, managed to spend some time hanging out and further delaying my run there, and then I finally set out into what I thought would be a cold, windy evening. Windy? Yes. Cold? Not so much...and the long sleeve shirt I decided to wear just added to my bad mood.

I did learn an important lesson though...when "hungry" is one of those nasty things you're feeling, running is probably not a good idea until you've gotten something in your stomach. I stupidly ignored my 4.00 ritual of eating a banana, which is the perfect snack before my run that is usually an hour and a half later. About 15 minutes into my run, my stomach was not agreeing with me...and about 5 minutes after that, it pretty much jumped outside my body and yelled "Hey, you wanna stop or you wanna puke?" I made it to the 25 minute mark and just could not run those last 4 minutes. I walked for three minutes, and then somehow I was able to bust out an extra 4 minutes of running. Needless to say, I was miserable by the time I got back to my mom's house. It figures that my sister and her boyfriend would be there when I got back too...and that he'd ask how far I went. Dumbly I checked my Nike+ and it said 2.57 miles...in 30 minutes. He kinda gave me a look like "wow, you're slow" but hey...it's not like it's breaking news. And anyway, he's turning out to be a pretty cool dude, so I'll let this one slide. :)

As for happier news...my hubby decided that we need a GPS watch since we both run (although he thinks marathoners are nuts) and bike. Even after my nasty, yucky day yesterday, I was absolutely thrilled when I got home to see the FedEx box sitting in front of my door! According to the hubby, the Garmin 201 (no, it's not the top notch one...but then again, I'm not a top-notch runner so don't knock lower-end stuff) has been charged and has acquired a GPS signal for the first time...and it will be taken out for my "long" run tomorrow morning. 5 minutes running/1 minute walking...I am moving up in the world!

0 comments: