Friday, March 28, 2008

A sick kitty

I only ran once this week and I feel kinda bad about it, but not as bad as I though. I came down with the flu on Tuesday and was out of it on Wednesday too. It figured that as soon as I started to feel better Wednesday afternoon, I realized that Zepplin, the cat, had not been feeling well for a few days and he appeared to be getting worse. After he vomited for the 4th time on Wednesday I couldn't take it anymore and I ran him down to the 24 hr clinic. The doctor examined him (and kept calling him a "her") and thought that maybe he had a piece of string or something in his intestines. An x-ray, bloodwork, and a few hundred dollars later we still weren't 100% sure what was wrong. I was given some medicine and was told to bring him back the next day for another set of x-rays. If his intestines looked better, the meds would work on their own. If they didn't, he would need surgery.

Giving him is medicine was something I'd like to forget about as soon as possible, so I'm not going to recap that adventure. Lets just say that between the cat, the hubs and I, two of us were hurt...and that did not include the cat.

Anyway, we took him to a different, nicer vet last night for his follow up x-ray. His intestines did look better, but he was still throwing up and was most likely dehydrated. We decided to leave him there overnight and hook him up to an IV and see how that goes. If he is still vomiting, we'll probably have to do an exploratory surgery today. If not, he'll probably need some more medication, but he'll be on the mend.

So cross your fingers for my little cat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

best wishes for your kitty!!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.